Elementor is the next future. You can build an entire website with Elementor. The free version of Elementor is more than enough to build a web page with the fundamental elements. That being said, the 404 page is an essential part of a website. At first, you may not realize the importance of this page. But let me tell you, the 404 page is a must-have page for any website, especially in the current era.
There are great websites with outstanding designs. But if you spend some time carefully going through the website, you will eventually encounter 404 errors with broken links. It’s a shame for great websites. And using Elementor Pro, you can easily create a 404 page. In this article, we will discuss why you need a 404 page and how to create 404 page with Elementor Pro.
How to Create 404 Page with Elementor Pro: The Easiest Method You Will Ever Know
The Elementor front-end page builder can be used in the premium version. This is a great tool for building any type of web page. And you can also create 404 pages with Elementor Pro. It is very easy as there are plenty of ready-made templates on Envato Elements.
- To create a 404 page with the Elementor page builder, you have to navigate to –
Dashboard > Templates > Theme builder
- A pop-up window will appear with a selection of 404 templates.
- Select the Single tab, it refers to an individual post in Elementor.
- Then, select Add New Single.
- After that, select Single from the Template type dropdown.
- Finally, select a template for the 404 page after opening the Select Post Type. There are plenty of templates for the 404 page and you can choose any of them as your preferred 404 page.
- After configuring, add a name that you can remember.
After inserting your preferred 404 page template, you can edit it as much as you like, inserting your desired elements. Therefore, it is very easy to create a 404 page with Elementor Pro, which will only take a couple of minutes.
On top of that, you can create a 404 page with Elementor Pro if you have your own design. A patented 404 page design is important for renowned brands. It delivers a different expression.
Publish The 404 Page that You Made With Elementor Pro
So far so good. You may have created your desired 404 page with Elementor Pro, but you haven’t published it yet. In order to make it appear instead of the default server error, you have to publish it. Follow these simple steps to do this –
- Select Publish inside the Elementor Panel.
- Subsequently, a popup will appear. You need to select the 404 page in the Include dropdown.
- Click save and close.
Create Animated 404 Page with Elementor Pro
Yes, you can also create an animated 404 page with Elementor Pro. This will enhance your brand image and increase user engagement. It will show an animated 404 page with an intuitive carousel, instead of a typical 404 page. However, you need to use Adobe Photoshop for this.
We think it is better to demonstrate the whole process with a detailed video, instead of describing it. The following video from Elementor will teach you how to create an animated 404 page
The Importance of 404 Page
Okay! Now you know how to create 404 page with Elementor Pro. Still wondering “Why 404 page is important?” We are assuming you already know the importance since you are trying to create a 404 page for your website. Still, we will break down the importance of a 404 page in short.
Basically, a 404 page gives a message to the audience when there is a broken URL on your website. Although the server automatically gives an error message, a 404 page offers a better visual presentation. In short, this is a great way to display the message visually.
For instance, a 404 page with an attractive design will create a great user experience for a reputed brand. People won’t find it attractive when they see the default server error message while visiting a website of a renowned brand. Not for large brands, it is a courtesy to have a 404 page with your own custom design. All modern websites do this.
Here are some advantages to having a 404 page on a website, instead of the server error message –
- Often, 404 errors are unavoidable. That is why creating a 404 page is crucial.
- A creative 404 page enhances user experience, leading to better engagement.
- It can establish a better connection with the new users.
- It can attract disengaged users.
- It makes your brand trustworthy.
- A 404 page with an interactive design may sometimes drive connections.
“How to create 404 page with Elementor Pro?” If you read this far, you should have created a 404 page with Elementor Pro. A 404 page is an obvious part of a website. So, you should give special attention to creating one. One disadvantage is you need to have Elementor Pro to use templates for 404 pages. The free version doesn’t allow you to use the template library.
But we really think getting the Elementor Pro will be worth your money. It offers an extensive range of features that can’t be found on other page builder tools. And if you are not tech-savvy, yet want to create something quickly and easily, then get Elementor Pro as soon as possible.